[LAU] Some new Bach

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 13 14:32:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 14:11 +0000, James Harkins wrote:
> In grad school, I had a full-semester seminar on Bach's cantatas. I
> thought I knew Bach before that. I was wrong.

If already musicians need an academic seminar to "know" that music, then
I won't call it music anymore, or at least I agree with the "pedestrian"
statement. Something that reaches the heart, doesn't need academic
explanations. Academic explanation of music is the intellectual
equivalent of heavy rotation for the uneducated. Get the people hook on
something that can't reach the heart.

;)