[LAU] a question on Lenovo laptop

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Feb 13 15:34:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:43:40 +0900
michael noble <looplog at gmail.com> wrote:
> not sure about software settings, but from the English Lenovo site it looks
> like it has a combo jack, which combines the mic and headphone into a
> single jack.

I first ran into this on a Macbook Pro.  I was NOT happy with that state
of affairs.  The combo in/out jack is an abomination unto the $deity, I
tells ya.  I'm saddened to find it on a Lenovo - I'm on my fifth
Thinkpad (currently a T400) and have always found them durable and reliable
(though this is the only non-IBM branded one I've had).

I would never use the onboard audio in for anything of importance, though,
since it's always been a low quality one, so I might not mind; I don't
think I've ever used the input jack on this. Your use may vary.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com