[LAU] Some new Bach

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Feb 14 16:04:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 15:11 +0000, Folderol wrote:
> For me, *personally*, the limited range of Bach I've heard, while
> sounding very impressive, doesn't flow or drift in a way that I would
> enjoy.

For me it's the same, but ...

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 16:58 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
"I've heard music from Bach, played by a few musicians, that I like, but
I heard that some musicians supposedly should play Bach by very free
interpretations on very special instruments."

So perhaps the Bach I like is played "incorrectly". IIRC I got a link
from Julien to Glenn Gould playing Bach and I liked it. AFAIR it was
played on a special piano and in freestyle, I might be mistaken.