[LAU] Running the guitarix LADSPA plugins on a headless system

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Feb 15 21:00:38 UTC 2013

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to use the Guitarix-Amp
and Guitarix-FX LADSPA plugins on a headless system (read Raspberry Pi).
I've tried it with Ecasound but it already consumes more CPU than the
guitarix application itself! So I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Maybe this is because the Guitarix-Amp plugin has one input and two
outputs, read something about Ecasound starting up multiple instances of
the plugin in such a case which is not what I want. So any hints or tips
on getting this to run smoothly? I can use either JACK or ALSA directly.
I prefer using JACK, somehow using bare ALSA produces large amounts of
xruns.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy