[LAU] (very) Basic help to get 1010LT card going (mudita24 ?)

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Feb 15 23:48:57 UTC 2013

Hello all,

   I now see that I was spoiled by using Fedora and CCRMA.  Everything
worked.  jackd (qjackctl) Ardour, playing any audio file (with vlc for
instance).  I have now switched to Linux Mint (KDE version, 64-bit,
Nadia) and nothing works.

I get the 1010LT card using lspci:

05:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
[Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)

So that's a good sign.

But then I start mudita24 and everything single vu meter is flanked
with the '(off)' mention.  When I play an audio file using vlc, no
vu-meter is moving.  What's wrong ?  I'm not even comtemplating using
jack and Ardour at this point, just getting basic sound working.

/usr/bin/pulseaudio is running.  Is this the culprit ?

Thanks for any advice and suggestion, it's greatly appreciated !