[LAU] Creative Music Coding Lab at STEIM (Amsterdam) - Feb 20

Marije Baalman nescivi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:05:38 UTC 2013

In the past year STEIM has hosted both SuperCollider and Max/MSP
meetups. This year, we have decided to open up the concept to include
a larger variety of programming languages that are used to create our
music!

Why this choice?

Because creativity in code isn't bounded to any specific dialect. By
sharing our though processes among the many varieties of coding for
sound we will end up learning so much more!

What will the lab be?

- a place for creative music coders to show their work in progress
- a place to ask questions, discuss concepts with fellow
  music-programming-performers
- an informal stage to livecode and jam with others
- an opportunity to start new collaborations
- a possibility to learn about other obscure programming languages to
  make noises
- a forum to discuss interactions between programming environments

--- but most of all, it will be what you, the attendees make it to be!

We're looking forward to see all these Chuck'ists, SuperCollider'ists,
Max patchers, PureData patchers, Overtoners, Fluxa'ers, CSound'ers,
Extempore'als, Impromptu'ers, and all of you coding in other tongues!

When: Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 7:00 pm (and then monthly)
Where: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134, Amsterdam

http://steim.org/event/creative-music-coding-lab-1/

Attendance is free, there will be free coffee and tea available.

Do let us know if you plan to come (mail me off-list), so we have a
rough idea who to expect.

sincerely,
Marije Baalman

PS, please spread the word too!