[LAU] Getting the audio track from DVDs

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Feb 17 01:21:10 UTC 2013

Le 16-02-2013 07:20, Chris Hogan a écrit :

> Here's the relevant part of a script I've been using to do this. It's
> nothing fancy but it works, it just dumps the audio as numbered wav
> files (one file for each chapter).

This works OK.  It would be nice to be able to do some adjustments on
the EQ and such.  Is it possible to make the output go through Jamin
before the file is written to disk ?  When using 'mplayer -ao jack
[...]' the Jamin VU meters all activate to the music, but there's no
sound output seen by mudita24, even though the Jamin outputs are
connected to playbacks 1 and 2 (using qjackctl).  Actually, there's no
output when mplayer outs are directly connected to the playbacks.  I
tried with vlc, and vlc works through jack but the problem is that vlc
is not listed in qjackctl's connections table which makes it impossible
to route through Jamin.

At this point I presume that if the player's output has to go through
Jamin for EQ, then another device would be doing the recording of
Jamin's output.  Eq. it would not be possible to go out of the player
and then back into it for it to write the audio to disk (like a send
function maybe).