[LAU] Audio distros

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 17 04:48:51 UTC 2013

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 05:04:24 +0100, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> I find synaptic a much-easier way to manage packages than the cryptic
> command lines of apt-get or dpkg. For instance, I can easily see what a
> particular package recommends and decide if I want to also include one
> or more the recommendations. Don't know what Folderol thinks of that.

A clear GUI that does provide the history, dependencies, descriptions,
lock, install any version, e.g. downgrade, search etc. ... everything
available by one click.
It's useful to install it to a minimal system.

IIRC xterm was mentioned.
I guess xterm is installed, as soon X is installed, but it isn't needed
for compiling, Ctrl+Alt+F*