[LAU] Running the guitarix LADSPA plugins on a headless system

brummer- brummer- at web.de
Sun Feb 17 19:31:18 UTC 2013

Normaly we use sse2 to set DAZ.
There is a compile option for arm processors in gcc as well, but i havn't add it to the optimazion flag for now.
That should need some research.
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit WEB.DE Mail gesendet.

Sean Bolton <sean at smbolton.com> schrieb:

Hi Jeremy and Herman,

On Sat Feb 16 2013, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Tried running:
> DSSI_PATH=/usr/lib/ladspa jack-dssi-host
> ladspa_guitarix.so:guitarix-amp ladspa_guitarix.so:guitarix-fx -v -n
> -a
>
> CPU maxes out and RPi becomes unusable. So I fear I have to rule this
> option out :(

CPU maxes out on my system also *when there is no input*. As soon as I
feed it some sound, CPU drops to reasonable levels. Looks like there
may be a denormal problem in ladspa_guitarix.so:guitarix-amp. This was
using guitarix 0.21.0. (I also tried today's guitarix git, and couldn't
reproduce the problem, but I also couldn't get anything but a
clean/bypass sound from the amp plugin, so I don't think I actually
tested it.)

-Sean