[LAU] OT: reply to list..

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Feb 18 16:14:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 03:02:06PM +0000, James Stone wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2013 12:18 PM, "Chris Bannister" <cbannister at slingshot.co.nz>
> wrote:
> >
> > [No need to include me in the reply, I'm subscribed to the list]
> >

> In addition to the fact that many mail clients (like gmail) do not offer
> reply to list as an option, some think it is better netiquette to reply-all
> anyway:

Some think gmail is broken. On some lists the code of conduct states
that you don't CC people unless they request it, while on others (I
think the LKML is one ) each poster is CC'd in the reply because of the
volume of mail, and if it is an "urgent" message it could possibly be
missed.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X