[LAU] light weight, full featured desktop for audio

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:08:38 UTC 2013

On 22/02/13 08:37, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 00:47:09 +0100
> William Light<wrl at illest.net>  wrote:
>
>>> So you have to recompile every time you want to tweak settings?
>>
>> yep! it's kind of a hilarious piece of software, honestly.
>
> C as the config language?  I think we just reached Nerdvana!  If I weren't
> so happy with Fluxbox, I'd be tempted to try this out.  I just don't have
> the time for that sort of a geexpedition now, though.

maybe xmonad (the remake of dwm in Haskell and, configured in a Haskell file
instead of a C one ... first written to show how to do something full of IO and
side effects in a functional language) is competition in Nerdvana land? it is
said to have some nice enhancements over dwm, and would make a nice pairing with
Euterpea in a music/composition environment!

http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/euterpea-2/

Simon