[LAU] sending sysex while jackd runs

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sat Feb 23 16:06:16 UTC 2013

Usually when I want to send sysex dumps to midi hardware, I just use the
amidi command from the shell, but when QJackCtl is already running
(along with lots of other Jack apps), the raw device is already in use
by Jack and I can't connect to it at the raw Alsa level anymore.

Since it's kind of a pain to have to shut down my whole Jack session
just to send a sysex dump, is there an easy way I could just sysex
through Jack?  Are there any shell commands I should know about that let
you do this through Jack Midi rather than Alsa Midi?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky