[LAU] sending sysex while jackd runs

Devin Anderson surfacepatterns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 02:26:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> devin anderson reimplemented the drivers for jack2 *only*.
>
> i am not clear on whether -X seq gets his new implementation or not.

The '-X seq' argument does not load the 'alsarawmidi' driver.  IIRC,
to load the 'alsarawmidi' driver, you add '-X alsarawmidi' to the
command line *before* the audio driver arguments.

> i do know that the coreaudio version of his new drivers *appears* to have
> some bugs too, but have not had time to investigate further.

*Too*?  I'm sure the software I write has a bug here and there, but
what exactly are you referring to?

Disclaimer: Regarding the CoreMidi driver, I've never tested it.  I've
never even compiled it.  I wrote the code, and others debugged and
tested it.  I'm surprised that the code has changed as little as it
has.  All I can do when bug reports come in is look at the code and
hope I see something obvious.

--
Devin Anderson
surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com