[LAU] sending sysex while jackd runs

Devin Anderson surfacepatterns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 02:52:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Devin Anderson <surfacepatterns at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > devin anderson reimplemented the drivers for jack2 *only*.
>> >
>> > i am not clear on whether -X seq gets his new implementation or not.
>>
>> The '-X seq' argument does not load the 'alsarawmidi' driver.  IIRC,
>> to load the 'alsarawmidi' driver, you add '-X alsarawmidi' to the
>> command line *before* the audio driver arguments.
>

> right. this is jack2 only though, am i right?

Yes, you're right.

At one point, I had some plans to port it to JACK 1, but maintaining
code that interfaces with two different driver APIs in two languages
(C, C++) just didn't sound like fun.  In retrospect, maybe I should
have considered writing a separate JACK client instead of a JACK
driver.

>> i do know that the coreaudio version of his new drivers *appears* to have
>> some bugs too, but have not had time to investigate further.
>
>> *Too*?  I'm sure the software I write has a bug here and there, but
>> what exactly are you referring to?
>

> devin, sorry, i should not have bought this up here. i don't have a solid
> bug report yet. just some a3 testers on OS X reporting that they appear to
> get double delivery of all/most incoming events from coremidi. i haven't had
> time to investigate it enough to consider it clearly a bug.

It's okay.  I can help with that:

    https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/commit/e6ab5e1803c5489acf9c2e0cbcce02903a043b1e

:)

--