[LAU] questions re: systemd and audio in Arch

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jan 1 15:50:24 UTC 2013

On 01/01/13 10:43, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 09:58:50 -0500
> Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
>> As fellow Arch users know, as of now Arch is officially deprecating the
>> use of initscripts and sysvinit. Systemd is now supported, and I'm
>> getting ready to make the switch. It doesn't seem like a difficult thing
>> to do, but I'd appreciate any advice before taking the plunge. I have a
>> smoothly running Arch 64 system now, I'd like to keep it that way. :)
> I found it very straightforward.  For each daemon I called in rc.conf,
> there was a service that needed to be activated with a systemctl command.
> The Arch website has a chart of equivalencies to make it easier.

Thanks, Joe, I just took a look at that chart before reading your
message. Everything in my DAEMONS line from rc.conf does have an
equivalent service, except for rtirq. Any suggestion re: that one ?

Also, I'm unclear on how to make the service invocations permanent. Is
it a simple matter of doing it once or ... ?

Best,

dp