[LAU] Ensoniq ASR-10 Boot Disk Required

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 5 18:26:11 UTC 2013

On Saturday 05 January 2013 13:22:27 Nick Copeland did opine:
Message additions Copyright Saturday 05 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> Hi All,
> Just got my ASR-10 back from a few years on loan. Somewhere down the
> line, probably at some gig, they lost the Iomega ZIP-100 and the
> original set of floppies I had. These are nigh on impossible to
> recreate since they are not actually any windows format to make them
> Ensoniq bootable. Does anybody have a 3.5 boot disk with a version of
> OS later than 2.01 (I think this was the version that supported the
> SCSI driver). I will happily pay postage and all that. I want to get
> this running to work on the Bristol CS-80 emulator using the
> polypressure features of the ASR. Kind regards, nick

A fried of mine had an Ensoniq, and he suggested that you should check with
rubber chicken software, who apparently have such for download.
<http://chickensys.com/kb/eps-asr/index.html>
which might get you the stuff you need.  Good luck.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.
		-- Fran Lebowitz
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...