[LAU] Ensoniq ASR-10 Boot Disk Required

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jan 6 07:28:35 UTC 2013

On 01/05/2013 02:29 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Nick Copeland wrote:
>
>> I have a feeling this need an IDE (PATA) floppy.
>
> Why IDE? There are external USB floppy drives around. OTOH, some of
> them cost like a leg.

I think his concern with USB floppy drives was that it might not be
possible to write non-standard floppy formats over USB, since some of
the non-standard formats require changing settings in the floppy drive
controller itself.

I don't know how much they cost now. We still use the unit that came
with my wife's now-extinct and very ancient Sony Vaio SuperSlimPro! Or
we use the server's floppy drive ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com