[LAU] Playing with play-a-long tracks?

immanuel litzroth ilitzroth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:36:26 UTC 2013

One of the best tools for play-along practice I have found is
Transcribe. It's super for transcribing but for play-along;
1) change the key of the piece (within boundaries) -- need to practice a
song in A
but the singer want's it in C? no problem.
2) Change pitch -- I play along with Beatles tracks a lot and they are not
always in
standard tuning, but somewhere in between.
3) Loop part of the recording to practice a particularly difficult
portion... no problem.
4) Want only left or right side? or wanna subtract them? no problem...
5) Need some tech support? Fire off a email and get answers from the
creator of the
program!
6) Need to exchange transcribe files with annotations with other users on a
different platform
like Mac or Windows? No problem.
And lots of other goodies... For a mere 35 euro's? Bargain!!
http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe

And for the record: I am not affiliated in any way with this program or
it's creator other
than having been a long time *extremely happy* paying user.
Your,