[LAU] Playing with play-a-long tracks?

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Fri Jan 11 04:13:36 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 12:36 PM, Atte wrote:
> On 01/09/2013 11:45 PM, Paul Coccoli wrote:
>
>> You can probably do most (or all) of this with Ardour and a few LADSPA
>> plugins (like the rubberband ones) too,
>
> Transcribe is much better for what it does than anything I ever saw.
> It's stretched audio sounds much better than anything else under
> linux, and selecting a portion to loop is soo easy.
>
> I'd love to use a free tool, but there just aren't any that comes
> close, sorry.

Have you tried gmorgan ? works with Ubuntu and likely other Linux distros.
It is hosted on sourceforge, where you will find links to video demos.

Impro-visor is an excellent java program that runs on almost any
platform and has
a large library of songs called the imaginary book.

The next release of gmorgan, (write me if you like to try the
pre-release version),
includes a small flex program which translates impro-visor tunes to
gmorgan's
format. It doesn't do an exact translation because the styles are not
the same.
...but it's pretty close.

Bob