[LAU] LAM: A new work in progress..

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:54:19 UTC 2013

Hi Lorenzo,

> For the vocals, as you have a condenser mic I'd try doing a couple takes of
> the voice with close miking (careful of plosives etc. though) so as to get a
> more present more detailed vocal.

I had a quick go with this - but this mic seems to have a proximity
effect - with close mic'ing, instead of more detail, it just gets more
bassy and loses a lot of the top. Maybe the mic is broken - it has
been dropped at least once! Maybe it was never up to close mic'ing....
most likely it's just my technique tho!

> If possible monitoring yourself with
> headphones while you record (maybe practice it a while like this).
> Also for the style of the song I would see some reverb and maybe a little
> creative delay here and there (still on the vocals).
> My two cents :)

Yes - thanks for this! There is actually quite a bit of reverb on the
vocal already (calf). Maybe some echo/delay is also needed?

James