[LAU] ffmpeg or libav

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:26:40 UTC 2013

On Sunday 13 January 2013 16:01:46 Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 07:27:59PM +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > By "pattern" I mean this mindset: "Our App Store (official distro
> > repositories) is ours to allow and deny what is available and what not,
> > and
> > we
> > can arbitrarily throw your software out if we want, but unlike Apple we
> > are
> > not evil."
>
> Where is this quote from, or did you make it up?

Again, neither this time is a Monty Python quote. But you are right, nobody
dares to say that, literally, in this world of hypocrisy.

I've tried to answer myself the question: What in the world may they be
thinking, to get those results? The dramatization may be somewhat exagerated,
sorry for that, but I hope the shame would be useful to somebody.

Now, returning to the subject: "ffmpeg or libav". CDRecord and Firefox are
both free software, but not free enough for you. OK for now. What about
ffmpeg? There is no license excuse here.

Regards,
Pedro