[LAU] ffmpeg or libav

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 13 17:36:00 UTC 2013

On Sunday 13 January 2013 12:32:52 Len Ovens did opine:
Message additions Copyright Sunday 13 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> On Sun, January 13, 2013 9:16 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:47:42 +0100, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net>
wrote:
> >> Anyway, just my feelings
> >
> > Not only your feelings, you're absolutely right. In some cases the
> > issue below the surface has nothing or at least less to do with the
> > supposed subject. Hierarchic encounters, territorial fights most of
> > the times are reasons that cause this issues. Take a look at the jobs
> > of the people who are involved in the most popular Linux wars ;).
>
> And perhaps just one more reason so many people continue to use Windows.

That, to me is a grand miss-conception on the viewers part, he fails to see
that exactly the same sorts of things take place within the closed confines
of the M$ world.  There is /no/ functional difference.

IMO, the people who take Redmonds proclamations as the one true gospel, are
reading the wrong "bible".

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Most people don't need a great deal of love nearly so much as they need
a steady supply.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...