[LAU] ffmpeg or libav

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 14 08:17:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 05:59:28 +0100, Chris Bannister
<cbannister at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 04:11:33PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Chris Bannister
>> <cbannister at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

>> > Just to nitpick here, but we are closer to chimpanzees than apes or
>> > monkeys, in fact apparently, chimpanzees are more closely related to
>> us
>> > than apes or monkeys.
>>
>> Chimpanzees *are* apes!
>
> Ahh %$#@, for some stupid reason I was thinking of gibbons and
> orangutans and
> gorillas.
>
> Huge apologies Len!

There seems to be the need to be more precise by the used terms:
http://www.dict.cc/?s=menschenaffe

Btw. gibbons are Hominoidea. The social behavior of chimpanzees and us
might be more similar, then compared to e.g. gorillas, regarding to the
large size of the testicle. This is a joke with more than just half-truth,
regarding to bonding, devotion, aggression the larger they are, the less
confidable Hominidae are, so you better trust gorillas instead of humans
and chimpanzees.

Perhaps we need copyright regarding to this issue, OTOH because we are
bad, the copyright law will be offended all the times. What would we see,
if Apple and Microsoft would open their source codes? Thievery? Laws are
made for potent lobbies and not to protect authorship of upright citizens.

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64