[LAU] L_ProAudio: A Linux Proaudio FrameWork with improved Wine/kernel(rt) support

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 00:41:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:26:23 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> So it is a special rt-kernel plus wine optimized for audio OK?
>
> Sounds quite neat: did you test software other than audiostuff running
> with this special wine? And what about prop. drivers and the kernel?
> Nvidia etc -- they are plague but on some machines they are needed....

I always seem to need them, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get
one for a 3.8rc kernel I'm messing with at the moment. I don't usually
dabble with such things, but since a recent sound card upgrade my Win 7
installation BSODs and I didn't even know they still do that.

I just haven't got the will to try to fix it, so I'm hoping Speed-Dreams
will be good enough to provide my simulated driving thrills. But; somehow
my wheel isn't supported and I'm currently trying things for a developer,
who seems to have previous form in that department, to get it working.

It's my first kernel builds on Linux. Used to build FreeBSD ones, for
Soekris boards mainly. Linux never ceases to amaze me...

--
John.