[LAU] Detuned note stacking with LADSPA effect?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jan 17 11:28:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:15:58 +0100, Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de>
wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>    Is there a ladspa effect, that simulates stacking of notes with a
> detune. Like the feature most modern virtual analogue synths have to
> produce things like supersaw. I don't need stereo spreading, for that
> I'd turn to a chorus.
>    I've searched my local plugins for "detune", but only found choruses.
> Yes, I know, I could go overboard and use the rubberband or other
> pitchshifters and double/tripple... my track, but I'd rather not.

The fat sounds of your Nordlead also can be produced by a minimal time
shift. I not sure if there is a detuning involved, it does sound like a
short delay, similar to a MIDI loop back and because sound can vari the
tuning during sustain, there automagically is a detune included. Quasi the
same is to twist the phases ;), however, a very short delay with minimal
feedback would cause what you're looking for. IOW it's always some kind of
chorus, just without modulation controlled by a LFO. So a delay might do
what you're looking for.

Regards,
Ralf

--