[LAU] [LAD] [OT] digital mixer losing its presets after battery replacement

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jan 17 14:21:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:10:39 +0100, Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de> wrote:

> [Dave Phillips]
>> From the owner's manual: cE indicates a checksum error.
>>
>> Would that be an error on the part of simplesysexxer or the hardware ?
>
> I seem to remember some piece of MIDI equipment reporting a checksum
> error when I was sending sysex bulks too quickly.  After increasing
> the interval between blocks everything was fine.  (No idea what
> device it was, certainly not a Yamaha mixer though.)

IIRC for my Yamaha DX7 and the C64 software I've written, it was an issue,
when naming a sound with a special Japanese ASCII sign. AFAIR it was only
the combination of one sound + a special name including this sign, not an
issue when using this sign for other sounds. Voodoo ;). The old (first)
DX7 itself only provided capital letters, numbers and the dot, perhaps a
few additional signs, my sound bank manager enabled usage of other ASCII
signs.

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64