[LAU] planning on doing overdubs in ardour from pro tools session

Aaron L. elmastero74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:48:33 UTC 2013

Hi all.

Quick question......

I have a rough mix of a band (stereo wav file) done in pro tools that I'd
like to do vocals over.

I plan on importing that file into Ardour, doing vocals and then exporting
the vocal track out to send to my friend to mix.

I've done this before with a Mac and Digital Performer but I'd rather not
do that again.

If the sample rates are similar, do I have anything to worry about in terms
of jitter or other digital oddities when I give the vocal.wav file back to
my friend?

Things should be fine, correct?

Thanks for any advice.

-Aaron