[LAU] Panning based on Haas effect

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 19 16:00:44 UTC 2013

Perhaps you want to do a stereo mix, that is so minimal stereo, that it's
nearly mono. This would archive that everything does sound similar by just
listening to the left, right or both channels panned to mono. If it's too
mono like for your taste, you might want add some early reflections from
the direction the instrument should be, to spread the stereo impression.

I don't know if it's that what you want to do with the Haas effect. When
reading your mails and translating it by my broken English, I guess you
try to get one channel's signal to the other channel, by playing it silent
and a little bit earlier on this channel. This would cause that doing a
sane mix will become harder, than easier to do.

--
No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Einer guten Tat folgt die Strafe auf dem Fuße!