[LAU] Studies says musicians derive only 6% of their income from sales

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jan 23 20:59:08 UTC 2013

It does start like this

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:18:39 +0100, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com>
wrote:
> make their money from teaching and salaries as part of an orchestra

And when being pissed off for what reasons ever or the doctor warns you,
it continues like that

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:31:50 +0100, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> non-music related day jobs

or audio engineering, also an annoying job and/or unemployment benefit,
resp. social benefits. It depends to the employment market and physical
and/or psychological health.

Some people are able to get enough money from selling audio medias, while
they don't make horrible music, they are exceptions.

I'm re-educated, but since I missed the study about astronauts, I'm
jobless at the moment. Nobody needs an astronaut here ;), SCNR.

The study is ridiculous and redundant, but I suspect it's because were are
living in a world of casting shows, where people confuse being a musician
with being a model.

Regards,
Ralf