[LAU] Sample rate vs. SNR

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Jan 26 02:03:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, January 25, 2013 11:14 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Old school:
>
> Me in 1984 on a Bosch with manually zoom
> http://picpaste.de/avmz_001.jpg
>
> Editing room and noisy vtr room with Bosch (? inches) vtrs, IIRC the big
> boxes on top were the SMPTE thingies.
> http://picpaste.de/avmz_002-igH5hjqP.jpg

Pictures opposite to captions I think. The tape machine looks 1 inch-ish
to me. Too big for 3/4 inch. (I have seen 3/4 inch open reel) You have to
realize though that my experience is all North American, there may be
standards I never met. I was surprised at the large number of different
PAL standards in the link you gave for that. We touched on both PAL and
SECAM in school, but more of an awareness that NTSC was not the only thing
in the world than any real study of them.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net