[LAU] Cheap ribbon mics

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 26 20:15:46 UTC 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:01:25 +0100, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> Nice, at that sort of money you can't go wrong.
>
> Not so nice: £1 = $1.58, same mic over here, £129 (~$204). It's not even
> the old "we pay in pounds what you pay in dollars" that we get with most
> things :-(
>
> I hate exchange rates!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/mxl_r144.htm GBP 113.32

You not only need to take care about the exchange rate, but also about
value added tax and some other mystic issues.
You'll see that different gear has different prices for different nations
at e.g. Thomann, some gear is less and other more expensive fore each
country, so it's not only the tax and exchange.

Bargain! If the they are not willing, go to another dealer.