[LAU] I really need help with jack

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sat Jan 26 23:47:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> jack_metro -b 60
>
> then use qjackctl to connect its output to system:playback_1
>
> your device naming is wrong. you need to use either:
>
>    hw:0,1
>
> OR
>
>    hw:HDA ATI SB,1
>
> the latter will need quoting when used from a shell

I'm running out of names to try :)

I did

  pasuspender -- jackd  -d alsa  hw:HDA ATI SB,0
 pasuspender -- jackd  -d alsa  hw:HDA ATI SB,1
 pasuspender -- jackd  -d alsa  hw:HDA ATI SB,2
 pasuspender -- jackd  -d alsa  hw:HDA ATI SB,3

And all give the same result. No audio. The metronome produces the
same deafing silence.

Pulse, which does work, tells me (from pavucontrol) that I'm using
"Digital Stereo Duplex (ICE958) for output.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca