[LAU] Linux radio / streaming tips?

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:29:30 UTC 2013

Yesterday I had a small local radio station get in touch with me as they're
looking to switch from Windows to Linux for their streaming server. I'll be
helping them out just as a favour and because it sounds like it could be
fun but I don't really have any experience with the various Linux streaming
solutions so I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone has any tips?

I've not been down to check out their existing setup but I don't think they
want much more than to be able to stream recordings and Skype. I think
Skype lacks JACK support so maybe that will require a bit of messing to get
it to play nicely (if we use a JACK based streaming solution).

Did the OSM podcast guys ever do a write-up/ HOWTO I could read? Any other
good resources for those setting up a small, Linux-based radio station?