[LAU] Linux radio / streaming tips?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jan 29 00:18:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, January 28, 2013 9:01 am, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions so far!
>
> Has anyone on the list tried more than one of Airtime, IDJC and Rivendell
> (plus any of the other solutions) enough to make a good comparison?
>
> I can't see any mention of JACK support on the Airtime site and we may
> need
> this to get Skype working but the other two do claim JACK support. I get
> the impression Airtime has the most features otherwise but I expect
> they'll
> gladly trade stability and ease of use/ maintenance over a flashy set of
> features.

Airtime has no internal method of broadcasting live audio. It broadcasts
prerecorded or will accept an icecast input stream. It actually recommends
either IDJC or mixxx to generate live streams (reading through the docs)
to input to airtime. It does do admin stuff though and will stream files.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net