[LAU] [Survey] Audio distro 2013

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jan 30 02:17:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 13:33 +0000, Pablo Gómez Poch wrote:
> it would be helpful for programmers and help newbies to choose.

It's reasonable for me, that so many people use Arch Linux, but I have
doubts, that installing Arch Linux will be helpful for newbies ;).

Arch's package management IMO is the easiest to use, even installing
Arch Linux might be not to hard for a newbie, since the Wikis are superb
and there still is the general mailing list, but newbies for sure don't
know the names of the Linux audio apps, a list that mentions the apps is
nice, but newbies can't take care about everything, so for newbies IMO a
distro, that ships with audio apps already installed, is the best way to
go.

2 Cents,
Ralf