[LAU] Google TV device w/ AV out

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Jul 1 11:50:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, July 1, 2013 9:30 pm, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 06/29/2013 11:57 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Just for reference sake, if you try it with just -P enabled does it
>> perform any better?
>
> It does actually. Have to use lower frames/period setting(-p64) and
> sample rate (-r44100) settings though.

This reminded me that if the audio device is communicating over the usb
bus it should perform better if the sample rate is divisible by the period
size.

So if you use 48000 try a period size of -p48 or -p96, etc...

Another possible assist is documented here:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Usb-audio#Tuning_USB_devices_for_minimal_latencies

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd