[LAU] Carla Plugin Host 1.0.0 released!

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 00:36:33 UTC 2013

Hi there everyone, just passing the info ;)
I'm not much of a mailing list guy, so if possible check the LM forum
link in this message for replies, thanks!

After more than 2 years in development, here it is - the first stable
release of Carla is now available!
[Screenshot: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/screenshots/carla.png]

Carla Plugin Host, or just Carla, is an audio plugin host, with support
for many audio drivers and plugin formats.
It has some nice features like automation of parameters via MIDI CC and
full OSC control.

Carla currently supports LADSPA (including LRDF), DSSI, LV2, and VST
plugin formats, plus GIG, SF2 and SFZ file support.
It uses JACK as the default and preferred audio driver but also supports
native drivers like ALSA, DirectSound or CoreAudio.

We currently release source code plus Windows and Linux binaries (focus
goes into the Linux version).
Downloads available at the usual place,
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Downloads#Binaries.

For more information about Carla check its own application page here.
We'll be updating that page in the next few days, with some tutorials
and workflow videos as well, so stay tuned!

You can follow the release discussion over at LinuxMusicians forums,
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11249.
If you find this application useful and/or want to help further
development, please consider a donation:
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Donations