[LAU] My second album is done!

Devin Anderson surfacepatterns at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 18:51:00 UTC 2013

Hi Gabbe,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very pleased to announce that my second album is finished and online! :D
> It's called "Ordinary Day Montage", and it consists of 8 tracks, and is a
> bit more electronic than last one.

I'm listening to your album while writing code.  I'm really enjoying
your music.  The melodies are beautiful.  The transitions between
songs are beautifully executed, and yet each song is obviously
distinct from the others before it.  Each part sits in the mix on its
own, and doesn't crowd the other parts.

If I had to pick one target for improvement, I'd say that the mix
feels a bit too compressed in some parts of the first couple songs;
however, I think now that might be an artistic choice, as the fourth
and fifth songs have a lot of interesting, fantastic dynamics.

I love the use of resonance in the synth sound at the end of "Come and Play".

Great job.

--
Devin Anderson
surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com