[LAU] Off topic - Bluegrass for boys!

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Fri Jul 5 20:30:20 UTC 2013

> I don't think it's FF per se, it's the video driver being used by the
> particular machine. Some support HTML5, some don't. Even true (I understand)
> on Windows, but to a much lesser extent.

Don't think it is the video driver. On my computer I'm running the
nvidia binary. Logging in as Guest I can watch; using my account I
can't. Same computer. Same video. Odd thing about this is that there
is no directory for the Guest account ... not sure if that would make
a difference. Oh, just created a new account on my computer. It has a
small firefox directory, etc. And TED works. But, try as I might it
will not work from my home directory.

I do have a .adobe directory in my home. Just deleted that and
restarted FF. Nope, no ted video. Mind you, just about any other video
stuff I watch works fine.

All very strange!

So, it's not xfce. It's not the video driver. Not Firefox. And, not a
profile issue (I created a new profile in my ff and got the same
error).
--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca