[LAU] leap motion sdk open

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Jul 6 16:24:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, July 6, 2013 9:07 am, Max wrote:
> Am 06.07.2013 um 17:54 schrieb Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net>:
>> On Fri, July 5, 2013 10:57 pm, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> FYI, the Leap Motion SDK and Developer portal has been opened up today
>>> for
>>> anyone to join.
>>>
>>> https://developer.leapmotion.com

>> How open is the driver? "SDK for Windows 7 and 8, Mac OSX 10.7 and
>> higher,
>> and Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail" sounds like
>> not open to me.
>
> maybe you can put you hopes in http://duo3d.com/ which failed its
> kickstarter but it shows that it's possible to do a leap with of the
> shelve parts.

The main thing it shows is that there are likely to be more than one
company making them and that there will likely end up being some sort of
IF standard. The duo has pretty pictures and videos, but not much info...
in fact less than the leap site. I do wonder how the Leap "requires"
internet access.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net