[LAU] Flash Player - Was: Non Mixer Spatializer Demo

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 8 10:55:08 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-08 at 11:28 +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:
> Ralf:
> > the reason that now relatively many people don't want Flash Player
> > anymore is that it's not maintained for Linux anymore and even on other
> > platforms it's not available. In the past I used Adobe Flash Player on
> > Linux myself and I still use proprietary software with Linux.
>
> Interesting, here in Sweden, the former state television company
> is "broadcasting" tv over Internet. They are using flash and their
> sister company (the one collectiong the tv-licence fees) wants every-
> body with a computer and an internet connection to pay.
>
> If one can show that flash is non-linux, perhaps linux users could
> go free.
>
> Do you have any proof that would hold at a court

That's another issue we had in Germany too. The issue now is solved in
Germany, everybody who has got a residence is forced to pay for
television, even if s/he won't and/or can't watch. Exceptions are rare,
e.g. some handicapped persons don't need to pay. Before the law was
changed they tried to get money from computer users too, but many
people, including me, successfully fight against this, so they didn't
get money from us.

I really don't watch scripted realty and all that high-class crap.

One assumption of the former administration was, that everybody does own
a mobile pone with media players. They didn't believe me, that I even
don't own a mobile phone without a media player.

The evidence you want to know, doesn't help you.

"NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux
as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security
backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux." -
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT

"latest versions are 11.7.700.224 (Win), 11.7.700.225 (Mac) and
11.2.202.291 (Linux)" -
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

The day when Flash Player for Linux will be too outdated is near.

Regards,
Ralf