[LAU] Debut prog-rock album, all produced with Open Source!

Ben Bell bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net
Mon Jul 8 20:44:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 04:28:50PM -0400, Al Thompson wrote:
> Very nice!!!!  My favorite genre of music.
Thank you!

> Are they keyboards, specifically the Hammond, plugins, or real instruments?
They're all real(ish) keyboards. The Hammond's an XK3c, the piano's a digital
Yamaha P80, the clav's from a Nord Stage. The synths are primarily Prophet
08 and Nord Stage again, and the mellotron impressions are from an Emu
Classic Keys. The latter will probably be replaced with Tajiguy samples in
future recordings.

The guitars are through Marshall, Aguilar, and Yamaha pre-amps, though in
a few places I recorded them quite clean and livened them up with the C*
Audio Plugins. CAPS plate reverb and Freeverb did their share of lifting
too :)

bjb