[LAU] Fixing a MIDI issues

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 14 20:13:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 21:37 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> I'm having trouble with my JV-1080. Only every second note gets
> played.

What's the setup?

Is it simply master keyboard out to JV-1080 in?

IIUC it's always, exactly "every second" note. What happens, if you send
single controller steps and/or a single controller step and after that a
note etc.? I guess you're playing each note by the same MIDI channel?

Note off might vs Note on velocity 0 and/or a running status issue raise
it's ugly head, IOW if the setup includes some bad programmed stopover
between the master keyboard and the JV-1080, this program might
misinterpret the MIDI data.

You replaced the JV-1080 by another synth for the same setup?

To ensure that there isn't something broken close to the MIDI input's
opto-coupler, what happens, if you play a note and a second note 10
minutes later?