[LAU] raspberry-qmidinet-synth headless

Nicola nicola.di.marzo at vodafone.it
Tue Jul 16 11:43:02 UTC 2013

On 16/07/13 08:08, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 07/16/2013 02:19 AM, Nicola wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> now that i have some spare time to invest i was trying to control my RPI
>> headless with my tablet (nexus 7 with android).
>> I saw jeremy's video
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pycl9Oi1tv8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUby-h1uGg9pj7MyeAEIIf-g
>> (great job man!) that was so inspiring and i've tried to follow his steps.
>> I was able to make it work but i miss only 1 piece to the chain...
>>
>> Is there any possibility to run qmidinet headless without the gui?
>> I can't make a script at boot working in this way 'cause i disabled X on
>> my rpi.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>> Thank you
>> Nicola
> Hi Nicola,
>
> I'm using multimidicast myself, it's in my RPI repository. Example
> script here: https://raw.github.com/AutoStatic/scripts/rpi/amsynth-touchdaw

Thank you very much for sharing Jeremy!
I was trying to use qmidinet that automatically associates multicast to alsa and jack midi ports so then you can connect quimidinet out to the soundcard output with jack_connect, pretty easy.
The matter is that it needs an X session to run (at least AFAIK...)
However great script!

Nicola