[LAU] 6 x MIDI in

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Jul 16 16:16:45 UTC 2013

Hello Fero!
   My solution would be to buy as many MIDI -> USB cables and be done with it.
If your onboard soundcard has one pair of MIDI jacks, then you'd need five
more. I paid about 10 EUR for one cable. Works out of the box and I have them
all as separate devices. Very comfortable. If you're in luck a few of your
instruments might have a direct MIDI connector, those usually work. My Korg
and the MiniBrute work that way and there was no hassle at all.
   You can of course try a midisport. I don't know how many ports you can get
with one. I know the 2x2 and the 4x4. Not sure about the prices, but I assume
not too much.
   Warm regards
         Julien