[LAU] Zita-ajbridge ?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sat Jul 20 02:33:26 UTC 2013

Hi Len.

I would like to use jackd in 32bit (or is it 24bit, or float?) but
output in 16bit (resampled with zita-j2a). This is to play 24bit files
with the best possible quality when using multiple 16bit sound cards or
USB modules.

When starting jackd normally (with the alsa backend and a 16bit sound
card), mplayer output is 16bit (that's not what I want).

When starting jackd with the dummy backend, or the alsa backend
connected to a loop device, jackd works in 32bit float and mplayer
output is floatle; jackd doesn't report sync problems and mplayer just
plays the file. Then I connect the floatle output of mplayer to
zita-j2a, there's no sound. Even when starting jackd with the
internal sound card, zita-j2a stays silent.

--
Marc