[LAU] [New music]: Some eurodance - Be Frank

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Wed Jul 31 12:56:55 UTC 2013

On 31. juli 2013 09:48, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>    Here's your dance delivery. It's totally free and I don't even want a
> tip. :-)
>    Before we get to the download links, two things, that are important
> to me.
>    Alexandre Ratchov: your Midish is a fantastic piece of software! With
> some of my own "user defined commands" it was a piece of cake to do
> this! So, if you haven't heard of Midish, take a look and don't forget
> to RTFM, because it's very well-written and complete!
>    Second: Joel, you know, tat Nama is cool, but the new Hotkeys mode
> really rocks!
>    And here are the links:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/be_frank.ogg
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/be_frank.mp3
>    Or as ever from the website:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
>    This piece wouldn't have been possible without a MIDI sequencer with
> quantisation, cut/copy&paste and all the other tools of trade such
> programs bring into the equation. There were no software synthesizers
> used in this song, next time perhaps. :-) The main piece of equipment is
> a Roland JV-1080, so it's authentic at least. :-)
>    I guess with such music, there are only two ways about it: love it or
> leave it. :-) Which one is it for you?
>    Warm regards
>          Julien

> http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html

Well,

It sounds like the 90's are back, albeit with a touch of the 80's too.
When this kind of music was in fashion I really couldn't stand it, but
those extra years must have softened me a bit. Now, there's a touch of
nostalgia...

As for the track I get the feeling it was made more for the fun of it
than this actually being the "new you". It's catchy and well put
together, but with too little progression and dynamics to make me listen
multiple times.

Thanks for sharing!

Alf