[LAU] Jack, lowlatency, generic, update

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Sat Jun 1 20:52:18 UTC 2013

Please forgive me if these questions is already answered:

(Ubuntu Studio 12.10 32-bit on Toshiba Sattelite p850 laptop)

It seems that after the last updates my machine is now running the
generic kernel 3.5.0-33 by default. This seems to have broken JACK,
which was running without problems for a long time. So I have the
following questions:

- How do I "downgrade" so that the 3.5.0-31-lowlatency kernel becomes my
default setting?

- Why does Ubuntu Studio bother with the generic kernel anyway?

Thankful for any and all input!

Al F