[LAU] realtime midi from audio?

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:17:36 UTC 2013

Hi folks,
I have a vocal harmonizer pedal from TC electronics which takes input
from my guitar, and my vocal microphone and determines what chord I'm
playing, and creates vocal harmonies.
I'm wondering if there might be a linux program to determine the
chords I'm playing,, on my guitar, and  turn these in to midi notes,
and play a synth or sequencer along with my guitar.
I'm not looking so much for a midi guitar because I don't want to
modify my instruments, and I don't always play the same guitar. but
this vocal pedal does a pretty good job of tracking chords on my
guitar, so i was thinking maybe a program could do the same thing, and
with that i could create midi accompaniment, maybe driving a sampler
or something.
this is just a dream fueled by a lack of steady bandmates, but a guy
can dream right?

thanks so much!.