[LAU] Fireface UCX

Florian Hanisch fhanisch at uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jun 7 15:06:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

I did not use Alsamixer (and I can not test it right now) so I can not
say how Alsamixer should look like.

I used the device (sucessfully) in the following two ways:

1) Select device in pulseaudio and play back from youtube or whatever source.

2) Select device in jack and make some sounds from supercollider.
Here, I could check that I got 8/8 I/O-channels up to 96 kHz sampling
rate working. This was encouraging enough for me to buy my own UCX.

Actually, a friend told me that he can use more channels in CC-mode
with the latest firmware BUT connect to a mac-system. I did not test
whether this is also true for linux, maybe the usb-audio standard does
not support more than 8/8 channels.

Best,

Florian

Quoting Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>:

> Hi, that sounds promising.
> I have the UCX running in CC mode, and I also see it in the
> Alsamixer with only one control, the master volume.
> so that part isn't the problem.
> the fix of the alsa /sound/usb/mixer.c is in kernel 3.8 which i have
>  on the system.

Good to know, thanks!